High Performance Material
FDM Nylon 12 is the same tough nylon material popular in traditional manufacturing for its superb price-performance. You can create advanced prototypes and custom tooling for applications that demand high fatigue resistance, repetitive snap fits, strong chemical resistance, and press (friction) fit inserts.
Nylon 12 parts built on a Fortus 3D Production System are the toughest in the industry, exhibiting 100-300 percent better elongation at break and superior fatigue resistance over any other additive manufacturing technology.
- Unparalleled toughness and a simple, clean process — free of powders.
- Nylon offers the best Z-axis lamination and highest impact strength of any FDM thermoplastic, as well as excellent chemical resistance.
- Designed for tooling, jigs and fixtures to covers, panels and vibration resistant components.
- Primarily used in aerospace, automotive and consumer goods industries.
- Makes durable prototypes for snap-fit panels and impact-protective components.
Get More Information
- Colour: black
- Support Structure: BASS
- Tensile Strength: 7,000 psi (48 MPa)
- Tensile Elongation: 30%
- Flexural Stress: 10,000 psi (69 MPa)
- IZOD Impact, notched: 3.74 (200 J/m)
- Heat Deflection: 180˚ F (82˚C)